After a Disaster
If you've been reading our blog here or our blog at AirTek, you know better than to:
And other projects that could damage your or your family's health. We are proud to be raising awareness about dangers that can arise in our homes, offices and schools.
But what if some of these materials become dangerous through no fault of your own?
Natural disasters can happen to anyone: floods, fires, earthquakes, tornadoes can all wreak havoc on your home, including the parts of it that you thought were safe if left alone.
Asbestos was used in cement, in pipe and vermiculite insulation, and in other building materials for many years. Lead paint can be disturbed and begin to peel through water or heat damage due to fire. Lingering moisture from a flood can cause mold to grow where no mold has grown before.
This video from the Indoor Air Quality Associations offers helpful information about what can happen to your indoor environment after a fire:
If you have experienced a disaster, be safe. Have your home or other building inspected for any dangerous materials before you start cleaning up or even a demolition project. Alliance Environmental Group offers many services that are helpful after disasters such as: structural drying and mold remediation, asbestos and lead paint removal, and even demolition and the ensuing cleanup. Call us anywhere in California and we will help you recover from your disaster!
Wendy Stackhouse is the Online Community Manager for Alliance Environmental Group and AirTek Indoor Air Solutions. We welcome your comments and questions! For more news and tips or talk to our experts, Like us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter! For updates on indoor air challenges, Like us at AirTek on Facebook!