Earth Day 2014:Green Cities
Today is Earth Day and we wanted to dedicate this post to this special day. We have seen issues on poor indoor air quality, sick buildings, and energy being wasted. Why not make a difference right? Many cities around the world are committing on making a difference on this day. EarthDay.org is committed on spreading information on how cities can make a difference by becoming a Green City. Fact is, more than half of the world's population lives in cities. According to their website, a green city is a city that has the cleanest and most efficient energy, transportation, and building infrastructure possible. What better way in making our cities green and our surroundings even more greener than to volunteer and participate in events that will help the environment and educate us. We will share a list of events that you may participate throughout out cities in California.
- Yosemite National Park: Now until the 28th there will be activities that will include a trash pick up, bike ride, family night and more.
- San Diego: San Diego Earthworks will be hosting their Earth Fair on Sunday, April 27 in Balboa Park. There will be 300 exhibitors, a children's activity area, art show and more.
- Santa Barbara: Santa Barbara's Community Environmental Council will host their Earth Day event April 26 and April 27 with a green car show, live entertainment and a kids section.
- Alameda: Alameda will be hosting on April 26 lots of fun activities in Washington Park that include, Earth Day games, exhibitions, and a farmers market.
- Stockton: Stockton Earth Day is hosting their Earth Day event in Victory Park and include many fun activities that include, yoga, family bike ride, food and clothing drive.
- Long Beach: "The Grand Prize Festival" will be taking place in Long Beach at Bixby Park on April 26.The Green Prize Festival is a one-day event highlighting urban farmers, green chefs, live entertainment, artists, green technology, environmental organizations as well as education through workshops, demonstrations and guest speakers. To learn more about this event click here.