Ronald McDonald House Dinner Update!
I started telling you about this great event a couple of weeks ago, but now I have details about the menu, what we are looking for in donations for the silent auction and information about how you can help!
Our own Carlos Sanguinetti of the San Diego Office of AirTek is putting together this charity dinner in support of one of our favorite causes, the Ronald McDonald House of San Diego! This is the eighth dinner that Carlos has done for RMHCSD and we want it to be the best ever!
On March 10, we invite you to join us for fun, food and fundraising!
The dinner will be held at the Ronald McDonald House across from Rady Children’s Hospital in San Diego and will include a cocktail reception, tour of the facility, as well as dinner catered by Chef Michael Ruffner, owner of Urban Eats Gourmet Food Truck and former chef at the Hotel del Coronado. My mouth is watering already! This week I will give you the first course to whet your appetite:
Smoked Salmon Crostini
And the evening’s wine selection will be provided by Shadow Mountain Vineyards!
I told you last time about the mission of the Ronald McDonald House. This week I want to tell you Carlos’s story.
In June of 2009, Carlos was diagnosed with testicular cancer. He has since made a full recovery, but this life experience caused both Carlos and Matt to reevaluate their contributions to the community. They both shared the same vision of helping others in need. Carlos had heard good things about Ronald McDonald House Charities and in September of 2009 Carlos and his wife Shana organized our first volunteer event on behalf of the organization - we had the pleasure of serving dinner to the deserving families staying at RMHC. It was an incredibly rewarding opportunity and everyone involved had a great experience. The upcoming dinner on March 10 will be the eighth dinner organized by Carlos and Matt, and the second to be catered by professional chef, Michael Ruffner. Please help us to make it the most successful ever!
How can you help?
If you cannot attend, you can still donate HERE! You can also donate items to our Silent Auction! We are looking for:
- Vacation and travel - vacation homes, resort/hotel stays, golf or spa packages, airline tickets, cruise tickets, winery/brewery private tours, etc.
- Sports and recreation - golf or tennis packages or equipment, tickets to Chargers or Padres games, fitness club memberships, personal trainer sessions, etc.
- Entertainment - Museum or theme park memberships or tickets, movie tickets, restaurant gift certificates, kids birthday party packages, etc.
- Retail - donations and gift certificates from local and major retailers; electronics such as iPads, laptops, digital cameras; bottles of wine to be used in the “wine bottle grab;” etc.
- Services - maid service, teeth whitening, chiropractor services, accounting/tax services, etc.
Contact Matt Teeter at matt.j.teeter (at) gmail (dot) com if you have any items you would like to donate or any other goods or services that could help with the event!
We hope you will join us for this great event in support of a fantastic organization which serves so many, so well! Thank you!
Wendy Stackhouse is the Online Community Manager for Alliance Environmental Group and AirTek Indoor Air Solutions. She welcomes your comments! For more news and tips or to ask questions of our experts, Like us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter! For updates on indoor air challenges, Like us at AirTek on Facebook!